Saturday, December 10, 2011

How to answer - Why should we recruit you?


How to answer - Why should we recruit you?

Well this is the question which has been asked to almost each and every candidate during past one year in Bank PO or Bank clerical interviews,

Once again I would point out that the questions which are common to all of the candidates can NOT have any kind of standard answer. It is not like answering the question about the capital of India. In that case every one can say –“Delhi” as his or her answer.

Interviewer wants to make you nervous; he is searching for the “Kamzor Kadi Kaun?”
So it is better to not to be the “Kamzor Kadi”.

Here the case is totally different.
Hence I would like to provide few inputs on the basis of which, any candidate appearing for an interview can frame his or her own answers.

First of all a candidate must be assured that as he or she is among the ones shortlisted for the final round of selection process (interview), bank is really keen in recruiting them in actual. 

Secondly, you can start your answer as – "Sir the bank has a need of talented individuals who are eager to learn and who can help the business of the bank to grow………As I am among the candidates who have cleared the written examination, this proves that I have a bit of talent, and as the interview progresses, I hope I would be able to confirm you that I am eager to learn too”

It can be mentioned in the answer that – “Bank has came out with this recruitment process that itself signals that the bank is looking for the right candidates to join it, Half of my potential has been proved in written, and for the rest half, I have been given an opportunity to interact with this learned panel”

Please do point out any  relevant experience or any milestones achieved with previous employer.
Or If a candidate says that – “Sir, because I have the potential which the bank is looking for. Banking is a process of continuous public dealing and I really love to interact with different individuals each and every day”

Financial inclusion can also be included in the answer as – “Sir, I want to contribute my level best towards the nation by being among the first batch of newly recruited bankers who would be entrusted with the responsibility to be engaged in implementation of financial inclusion in our country”

After so much of hard work in preparing for and clearing the written part, of the selection process, certainly one can NOT afford to lose here at the final stage. So, be logical, Interviewer is checking your ability to react. Your ability to stand in your own favour.

If your confidence level is really good (But make sure that you don’t look over confident), you can say – The bank should recruit me because, I have the capability which I have proved in the written part and I need a chance to prove my skills.

Try to highlight your positive points, your strengths and to hide your  negative sides.

I hope this throws atleast some light on the said question.
For any queries, please feel free to write to me at any point of time,
All the Best

No comments:

Post a Comment